Saturday, April 7, 2012

Masters League: Grimgob vs. Sharkticon

        My third game was against Rob (or Sharkticon on Dakka). A great guy I've had the chance to play twice before and both were fun challenging matches. I always see Rob at the local RTT/GT's, he really knows his 40K, and is very active in the southern California 40K community. We played at the L.A. Battle bunker (which Rob plays at often) which we accidentally played on the Fantasy tables getting us scolded by the manager resulting in Rob having to wear the "Derp" helmet (pictured above) as he should known better. We rolled up Desert/Badlands with dense terrain (25% +1 extra piece). The deployment was Spearhead and the mission was Priorities which was 4 objectives or capture and control (place both and roll at the end of turn 2 to see which one), the secondary was kill points. His bonus points are . Kill the Head +1 - Destroy all enemy HQ choices +1 - One of your HQ choices kills an enemy Independent Character or unit of one multi-wound model by any means.+1 - Destroy all enemy Elites choices +1 - Destroy the enemy’s highest point-cost unit. I rolled my choice and pick Precision Strike +1 - Destroy all enemy Elite Choices +1 - Destroy all enemy Heavy Support Choices
+1 - Destroy all enemy Fast Attack +1 - Destroy an enemy Independent Character or unit of one multi-wound model with Shooting
Lets begin...
      

      
           His Army was Dark Eldar: Lilith Hesperax and a Heamonculous with 8 Wyches (w/haywire grenades)and a Hekatrix (w/Agonizer) in a Raider (w/shock prow, flickerfield, & aethersails). 2 units of 3X Wracks on foot. 2 units of 5X Scourges (w/ 2 haywire blasters). 3X Ravagers (w/flickerfields). 3 units of 4X Truborn (w/blasters) in a Venom (w/additional cannon & flickerfield). 2 units of 5X Warriors (w/blaster) in Venoms (w/additional cannon & flickerfield). A unit of 5X Warriors (w/blaster) in a Raider (w/Shockprow & flickerfield).

Deployment

       I won the roll off and chose to go first. I placed him in the corner with no terrain to cover his vehicles. I placed all my wagons front and center with the KFF in the middle and Ghaz and Nobs to the right. the Large Loota squad was in the trees to the wagons left (held back a little to get range  advantage on the splinter cannons). one small Loota squad in the back behind some walls and another small Loota squad to the right of the wagons behind/on top of a hill. the  Deffkopters were both up front for a first turn charge attempt. I keep my Grots in reserve.
  He placed the Warrior Raider up front with the 3 Ravagers hidden behind it for cover. Behind them were the 2 Warrior Venoms. To the castles right side (my left) was a unit of Scourges. To their left were the 3 Truborn Venoms lined up side by side behind a hill. Away on the other side of his deployment  to the left of the Trueborn Venoms was Lilith and company Raider with the other unit of Scourges. He keeps his 2 units of Wracks in reserve
I Turbo boost one Defkopta 12" from of the Scourges on my left and the other one 12" from the Scourges on my right. He rolls to steal initiative and rolls a 5


Top Turn 1

    I move both my Koptas within an inch of the Scourge units they were both by and all my Battle Wagons up 7". Shooting sees the Warriors Raider wrecked from small arms fire and the Warriors pinned. The large loota squad blows up a Ravager killing 2 Scourges next to it, a small unit of Lootas blows up Lilith's Raider killing 2 Wyches inside, the other small Loota squad blows up a Truborn Venom killing 2 inside. a Kannon Immobilizes a Ravager and small arms wreck a Truborn Venom. 1 Scourge died to Defkopta fire in the full unit. Rob rolled horribly for his flickerfield saves (only making 2 and both were on the Truborn Venom that went untouched). I also hit with everything in my army except 2 Kannons which is insane good for Orks. I assaulted both his scourge units with my Defkoptas but everyone whiffed and both combats stuck in for another round.

Bottom Turn 1

     Rob moves his Venoms with Warriors up 6" immobilizing the one on my right on the Crater from the blown up Ravager. he moves the Ravager that can move over to get a better shot at the wagons. moves the Truborn Venom 6" to on top of the hill and moves both Truborn squads up on the hill to get shots also. He moves Lilith and company to surround the Sourge/Defkopta assault next to them.
 one of the Ravagers Stuns my Green Wagon, Warrior Venoms kill 4 Lootas from big squad (which make their leader ship roll) and Truborn Venom kills 4 Lootas from small squad on hill (they also make their leadership). Lilith and Wyches and Heamonculous join in and utterly destroy the Defkopta to my right in assault. Both the Scourges and Wyches roll poorly for their consolidate move. 

Top Turn 2

    Grots don't come in this round. I move Ghaz's wagon 13" towards Lilith and Wyches and Dump out Ghaz and the Nobs around the wagon. I move the KFF wagon up 7" onto the hill so that its between the empty Red Wagon and the stunned Green Wagon. I call my Waaaaaaagh!!!!! The Large Loota squad Blows up the immobilized Ravager. Small arms from the KFF wagon Immobilize and stun the untouched Warrior Venom. The Nobs and Ghaz run 6" to land in front of both Trueborn squads on foot, the last Trueborn Venom (that only moved 6"), Lilith, Heamonculous, Wyches, and Scourges and Assault them all. (I know that Wyches tar pit death star units in close combat, this is why I tied all the other week units, to kill them in combat resolution). I only kill one Wych but blow up the Venom, wipe both the Truborn (and kill three inside in the explosion), and 2 of the Scourges while only doing a wound to one of my Nobs. I win by a lot, he fails moral, and runs for it (all off the table or being caught by the Nobs). The Defkopta finishes off the other unit of Scourges and consolidates into terrain.

Bottom Turn 2

   A unit of Wracks comes in and sits on his Capture and Control Objective. His Ravager that's left moves to get better shots. the Warriors from the wrecked Raider are no longer pinned but roll bad for their move through cover. The Truborn squad that's left moves towards the Wagons. Both immobilized Venoms left shoot and kill 1 Loota from the large squad. Out of all his Dark lances and Blasters he blows up both the KFF Wagon with boys and the Green Wagon with boys killing a few in each (thanks to the KFF). Also a Blaster takes out the Defkopta in cover. The turn ends and we roll....The 4 Seize ground objectives go poof. We are now playing Capture and Control with secondary of Kill Points.

Top Turn 3

       My Grot come in and head for my Capture and Control objective  behind the large squad of Lootas. The KFF moves throgh cover and gets in Red Wagon. The Red wagon moves 9" towards the Nobs and Ghaz and they get in also. Both boys Squads on foot move towards Warriors, Venoms, and Truborn. The large Loota squad Wrecks the last Ravager. the lone Loota on the hill shoots the Trueborn and they run. My Grots Run and secure the objective while bing out of range to most of his army. I assault the Warriors, win , and consolidate towards the Warriors in immobilized Venoms.

Bottom Turn 3

His Other unit of Wracks comes in by his objective in the far corner. he shoots but only kills some of the blue squad. 

Top Turn 4

     I move Ghaz's Wagon 13" towards his Capture and Control Objective but still short for the charge. The lone Loota runs forward for a better shot as does the untouched squad in the back(as both will run forward this round). Shooting wrecks a Venom. It also makes the Truborn running fail another moral and run some more.

Bottom Turn 4

         His Fleeing Truborn is off the table. He gets his Warriors out  of the Venom. He shoots the Blaster in each squad at the Blue unit of Orks not killing any. He then assaults with both units into the blue squad of Orks killing 1 but all his Warriors die in the process. I did not take a picture because nothing changed on the board. 

The Rest of the Game

        Ghaz's Wagon moves 13" and dumps all its passengers except the KFF. Shooting everything sees the final Venom explode (taking out 4 Orks from the blue squad with it) and assault sees all the Wracks in the corner die finishing off the entire army. I always feel bad when I table someone but I will not hold back on principle. I had extremely good shooting and Rob made few flikerfield save and had no cover most the game. Still I don't think I made any mistakes this game and am happy with the outcome. I get 13 points (didn't kill a 2 wound model with shooting) to Robs 0. Till next time.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment